View Single Post
Unread 10-16-02, 04:57 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Ok... lets get it on... with the meeting place...

It appears that from the discussion and flury of E mails that LosVegas is going to the the meeting place... I cliped a section from the navweb group (public) that shows North LV.. but, mccarren is still good too... as they have services to the hotels... here is the site.. check out the aerial shots of the place...

I have also asked for permission to land... yep land at area 51 better known as Groom lake... as a group to tour the facility... limited access.. and guess what.. they came back and asked when we would like to come.. wow... that is a switch... I also asked Nellis if we could tour the air base and play in the simulators... and they too have shown an intrest... of course we could always go down to the dam and take the dam tour... as hover dam is well know also... then their is the grand caynon...

I re-read Bobs trip around the islands.. and heck I don't think it would allow for much time... one day Sat morning... is all.. hmmmm almost a HI how are you thing... the rest of the time its party on... so I guess not much technical... all social... I am of the oppinion that it should be balanced... kinda thing... but, then again its up to what ever everyone wants...

Looks like were looking at May on the strip... now to decide where to stay and what services they will provide for us... most have small business meeting rooms that can be scheduled for a group who stays at the house... and with the new mid-evil times... and all the rest of the entertainment... wow... it should be a full house ... not requiring much travel unless you want to...

Frankly I would perfer grand caynon... marble as it was great to land down in the bottom of the grand caynon.. and the take off up thru the painted desert was well worth the stay... as it is the only way you can go down into it now... you have to have reservations... else ATC will keep you high... above... where this way you can get within 500 ft of the floor... like we used to do... rafting down the river ... optional... at your own risk... smile...

GMAs...

http://www.airnav.com/airport/VGT