View Single Post
Unread 01-07-21, 09:03 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslade2 View Post
I like the sandel unit. Was even thinking about going to the 3500 LED version.
Same here, rather than buying a spare. I have not had the avionics tech sift through the 3500's autopilot list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wslade2 View Post
Such a shame. I guess this means no updates for background waypoints on the integrated map as I got my last update from Sandel?
Yes, it is a shame. I can't imagine what it would take to even compete in this business against the likes of Garmin.

Dynon seems to be doing well. They just added their first multi-engine STC, the PA34 (Seneca), everything all the way through to a new autopilot. Wise move with so many airframes out there, with the older airframes needing renovation. Garmin and Aspen cause the FIKI you paid for to be invalid. Dynon went through FIKI approval.

I bought the 2020 map update from Sandel, but it could not be installed. It has an "Invalid Date Range" message. The shop could not get around it and could not get ahold of the fellow that helped with the integration. I cannot get a hold of the lady that sold it to me. I did notice that with the New Year that the Sandel webpage is reformatted, it now being Sandel Avilon. Maybe there is hope, and some of this can be sorted out.