View Single Post
Unread 10-02-13, 09:58 PM

hew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hew View Post
Thanks Herb, the electric drill works a treat and all you need is a 15mm 1/2" drive socket on the drill to fit on over the pump splines. Pressures could be monitored by inserting a Tee and gauge on the outlet side of the pump. We didn't do that as we have decided that the slow door closing is probably because the power pack needs overhauling and pressures re-adjusting in the process.
The latest findings on the gear door issue. Here is what happens. Gear goes up, handle stays up, doors remain open. Move handle back to neutral, orange light comes on indicating all up-locks are in. Move handle to up position, doors close, handle drops back to neutral.
When cycling the gear on jacks using an electric drill on the front pump the cycle works perfectly. (pressures are probably lower)
I have readjusted all the up-lock switches & replaced one. No permanent change.
The doors will close (but not 100% reliable) when I overfill the hydraulic oil. Power pack has been serviced, all pressures as per specs.
This suggests to me that the gear is going up past the up-locks (or at least one of them). When the handle is returned to neutral the pressure is released and the gear drops back into the up-locks and completes the electrical circuit.
My solution so far has been to 1. overfill the hydraulic fluid daily. 2. make as a standard procedure, return the handle to neutral then re-cycle up if doors don't close within 5 seconds of gear retraction.
The best investment so far has been a $4 convex mirror attached to the landing light shield and angled so I can see the rear doors and gear during the cycle.