View Single Post
Unread 11-15-02, 10:08 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Pat /AP

The IFCS = integrated flight control system. There is a control with 9 buttons. I assume your head has three horizontal switches on right. what year is the AC?

You can test the AP on the ground first without going in the air. If you centre control colomn the elevator TRIM should move up and down against tension on the elevator (pull in and out). You may need to assist the control column on this test but when engaged at approx cruise position of yoke then moving the evevator climb/decent wheel from its detent the elevator should move accordingly. As I said you may need to assist slightly due to elevator load in static position. If these work your servo(s) are working. In the none alt hold mode you should be able to hold approx level flight with electric trim then be able to move out of detent and adjust climb or decent rate (while stillon the ground).

You were not clear about the horiz control. Could you turn left and right manually while the alt was not functioning? IF NOT then sounds like the power supply in the computer, which is located over the pilots side rear seat in the headliner. It may becoming intermittent due to heat or based on the time it has been on. A fluctuating power supply will cause symptoms you described.

There is a good shop at Lunkin (KLUK) in Cincinnati. Alternative is to remove the computer and send for a bench test based on info above. You can email me directly if you have more questions. Autopilotcentral is fine but recommend you take the AC for repair rather than sending components. They are priceless <G> if you ever lose them which you do not want to do.....

Bob