View Single Post
Unread 11-04-16, 05:04 AM

LostKiwi is on a distinguished road
Proud new owner.

My utter disgust at driving long distances across Canada put me in the market to buy an airplane. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful country and I'm constantly awestruck by the scenery, I just despise sitting in a car for 12 hours at a time.

Originally I was looking for a Cessna 206 or 210. But while partaking in a couple of refreshments one night, a guy I was working with told me to buy a 337. We both had a bit of a chuckle, and I started looking into it.

The more I looked into it, the more I liked them. You compare the numbers on any light GA plane - and bang for the buck, the 337 blows them all out of the water.

Then I went and flew one, and I was sold. So I started looking a bit more seriously... and bought this little gem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5736.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1688

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5755.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	1689

1975 337G.

Parked at a private airstrip, the first order of business was getting a ferry permit to have it moved to a maintenance facility for an annual.

Post-Annual I needed a bit more dual time in type to keep the insurance companies happy, and I wanted to fly with someone experienced to get the most out of the training hours.

So I enlisted the help of Herb Harney to get her home.

At this point I want to offer Herb a public and very heartfelt Thanks.
I can't speak highly enough as to what a truly great guy he is, willing to share his time and knowledge with the Skymaster community.
I feel the real world training I did with Herb was invaluable. We flew in and out of short grass strips, did some simulated emergencies, fought some savage crosswinds, and generally just had a few chuckles along the way.

I genuinely enjoyed our time together and I'm looking forward to getting together to share a few refreshments again in coming years.

Its also worth noting the time and effort he puts in after hours to manage this forum, and the Skymaster facebook group. Its a huge task, and without this forum and the information available on it, I may have ended up buying something else.

Thank you, Herb.

Last edited by LostKiwi : 11-04-16 at 11:33 AM.