View Single Post
Unread 08-18-12, 04:17 PM

Mayhemxpc is on a distinguished road
I spoke with the Delta Hawk people at OSH. They are focusing on their smaller 160 hp engine which they say delivers the equivalent of 180 hp performance. No idea how they measured that. They seem to have a "pie in the sky bye and bye" attitude towards larger engines, and in particular the 337. TF Hawk was depending on Delta Hawk producing their engine according to its original program. (I know the president of TF Hawk.) As a result, even though they had everything else ready to go, they had to suspend everything because there was no engine, and no realistic delivery date for one. Sad.

That and they had very little in the way of solid interest from prospective buyers. Last I talked to him about that particular subject, the cost of a fully re-built TF Hawk O-2/C337 was not going to be that different than a Caravan. (The USAF has modified C-208's to launch HELLFIRE missiles for the Iraqi Air Force.)

Bottom line: A good idea has money attached to it. If they don't see enough potential sales interest, there won't be much development.