Thread: 337 Info
View Single Post
Unread 03-31-03, 01:45 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they are the best buy available. If money were no object I suppose there are other things I would consider. But I have deice, turbo (allows performance even in hot, high locations and pretty much makes density altitude a non-event), and two engines without asymmetrical controls problems either! I paid $41,000 for my aircraft. It had one engine run-out, but I knew that going in, and the most important thing was that the previous owners had kept the maintenance up. That is realy crucial to me. A long-time problem with Skymasters is that their value dropped considerably not long after they were new. So people could buy them cheap and neglected to understand (or face) the fact that it takes the same kind of maintenance money and effort to maintain a Skymaster as other comparable twins (Piper Seneca, for example, which uses same engines). So after buying cheaply they tried to maintain cheaply. And that is a problem. So if you end up buying one, make sure you've got one that has been maintained on a consistent basis and has all the ADs complied with, etc. And then count on paying the same kind of maintenance dollars as other middle-of-the-road twin owners.