Thread: Janitrol heater
View Single Post
Unread 02-17-09, 10:09 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced the heater in my T337B two years ago with an O/H'd one from Janitrol ("Kelly Aerospace" now) and it was just under $2K through Harold Haskins (Dothan, AL). It was a totally new core and parts so while it was an "overhauled" heater it really is new now. I pulled the old one out and put the new one in and then my A&P's finished up one dififcult part of the process that was giving me some trouble and signed it off (less than $200). I spent half a day getting it out and half a day getting the new one back in. For certain steps of the in and out process it was really a 2-man job, and I had a good friend help for a couple of hours.

I can't get too excited over that endlessly quoted line "why light a fire" in the airplane for heating stuff. The heater works fine, it does the job, and if the other type had worked well at the time they designed the T's and P's I suspect they'd have used that instead. My A/C is certificated to 33K feet, and it needs a good heater when you get high and cold.

Last edited by Paul Sharp : 02-17-09 at 10:14 PM.