Thread: Janitrol heater
View Single Post
Unread 01-01-09, 09:38 PM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris View Post
Two questions:
1) Has anyone taken advantage of the C&D special show pricing and put in their heater replacement. If so, what was the cost of the heater, and what was the cost of the labor to swap it out. pirep on it?
2) IO've looked throughout my POH and can not seem to find the fuel flow requirement for the Janitrol heater on my T337C. I understand my new JPI fuel flow gauiges will not reflect the fuel used by the heater and I want to makie sure I'm calculating actual burn with the heater turned on...anyone have the fuel flow numbers?

-Robert Morris
rmorris@agsi.us
Robert,
the combustion heater uses 2.25lbs/hr on fuel, and draws it from the same tank as the front engine (left). As to the C&D heater, I swapped my old one out at the last annual. The new one actually works, the old one didn't. Be sure whoever does this for you actually reads the installation procedures and follows the checklist and checks that everything is set up properly, and then tests it at altitude. It seems that if the fuel pump for the heater is not up to spec, the heater won't light at altitude. Don't ask how I know! The folks who did this for me hadn't done this before, and didn't do it very well or very efficiently. The total cost was $6800. I won't be going back to this shop. The heater works well though, once it was set up properly.