View Single Post
Unread 07-08-20, 12:27 AM

flyag1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhogan0101 View Post
Jim,
Glad you had a great experience with Western Skymasters

My skymaster is still in the shop, annual at $40k w parts so far

When i got to salt lake city, an older transponder was in the plane. Not the one in the ad. What kind of person does that? I had to argue with ron to put the one in the ad back in.

The skybolt adsb was uninstalled. He wouldnt reinstall it

The ifly gps was gone and he wouldnt put that back in.

I received the logs in a empty plastic swiffer bag, later on when i had a real mechanic look at them, he informed me many of the logs were missing or incomplete.

He sold me a plane with an unapproved jerry rigged cowl flap system (Consisted of one c172 motor) that his employed by him a&p signed off on (previous owner installed it) had to remove that system and install a entirely new

Also, he lied about damage history. The leading edge of the right wing was poorly repaired in the past. There was a one line description of it in the logs. It cost me $20K, the outside was pop riveted and inside some of the ribs were completely missing rivets. Here is the text from ron before i bought it.

“Absolutely the cleanest 67 out there. 2500 ttsn
Three owners since new hungered all its life.
1000 hr motors 350 hr props. No damage history at all plus perfect logs. My personal plane the last year
Great panel everything works.”

He talks a good game but he is full of it.

Also i later found that my prebuy mechanic that missed 99% of the problems had a prior working relationship with Ron that i did not know about going into the prebuy.

Im 39, have had my ppl for about a year now, bought My first plane 2 years ago (C150).
Ive had a lot of experiences in aviation so far and i can tell you it is one of the most corrupt industries ive ever seen.
The only good experiences ive had is talking to and befriending other owners.
I totally agree, aviation has become a breeding ground for corrupt sellers.

Based on current Trade-a-Plane adds, there are at least 2 out there with damage even though the "Brokers that's on this Forum" listed the airplanes with NDH.

Maybe most don't open the logs and look and the dealer get away with lies stating "No Damage History". It's a lie plane and simple.

I called one of this airplanes out to the dealer in an email: reply was something like this....

I don't get it when people are concerned with damage history from 20 years ago.

Last edited by flyag1 : 07-08-20 at 01:17 AM.