View Single Post
Unread 02-07-18, 07:23 AM

kragby is on a distinguished road
337 renovation

Yeah, lots of work but a light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of work over the past couple of years went into replacing leaking hydraulic seals, leaking rocker covers, leaking push rod seals, removing and overhauling the Janitrol heater (took me 15 hours to get it out but could do it a little faster now). Penny cap fuel sensor wiring short ( had to remove top wing panels with about 600 screws to get senors out - turned out to be a short in the cable going into the tank actually in the plastic plug in the cover), cracked cylinder head, nearly all circuit breakers were defective and had to be replaced, short in dome light switch burned the wire because of bad breaker and filled cabin with smoke (a bit scary), and a variety of other issues that developed shortly after getting the plane - like rear cowl flap motor not working, rear tach intermittent, alternator issues, landing gear retraction problem( turned out to be up lock micro switch failure) - but a lot of these issues were due to corroded connections from sitting out I guess.
I was surprised at how much could go wrong from the plane just sitting out for a year maybe combined with really shoddy maintenance (a shop in ND I wouldn't recommend). But man of the posts in this forum have been very helpful and much appreciated.