View Single Post
Unread 03-06-20, 09:17 PM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply, Ernie. I'm going to press on based on my considerations above. Attached are the appropriate pages from the '77 G, 2600 RPM is in the normal operating range. I have the O-2 manual; the limitations and the performance considerations are the same. I've also familiar with the T-41, still have the manual, which uses the IO-360-D with the same restrictions, and we flew it at 2600 RPM.

The airplane is coming out of annual, and the mechanic has said to keep doing what your doing (which is what the previous owners were doing). My rear engine has 1418 hours on it, and I'm going to run it until it can't. Honestly, it's compressions, and oil consumption is the same as the front with only 638 hours (11 hours per qt or .09 qts per flight hour). That has been all at a 2600 RPM cruise, 75% power or less.

I've started in on the C414A, and the operator wants them flown at the max cruise RPM as well, that being 2450 RPM. Their experience has been some of what I've covered with pitch attitude; the flatter is better stuff. What the Chief said is that as you enter the FLs, the pitch attitudes at any lower RPM starts to increase significantly. The lifters at the front of the engine are missing out on oil, and cylinder head temperatures are rising on those cylinder heads. With the attitude, the rear lifters are drowning in oil and slinging it out the breather. I guess electronic engine monitoring has been significant in determining what's going on inside the cowling.

I'm looking forward to that as well. Seeing the Insight G4T Skymaster in use and looking at how power settings influence all the recordable parameters. The TAS1000 will deliver a TAS without interpretation as part of the comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C337G_75_Cruise_4-9.jpg (103.8 KB, 1189 views)
File Type: jpg C337G_77_Limitations_2-6.jpg (181.6 KB, 1142 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 337G_Performance17.pdf (45.6 KB, 1123 views)