View Single Post
Unread 03-05-12, 11:38 PM

kdiel11 is on a distinguished road
You are welcome. But I have to tell you, it wasn't all that bad being in the Army. I first joined in 79. Back then it was all about working hard and playing hard. he rest was left to the"civilians" to figure out. It was so about mission. Nowadays its more about PC and if you have the time try to get the mission don with half the resources. I know Big Brother (administrator) is reading these so I digress.
About hauling the family around. Its only my wife and I now. Daughter in S.D., CA and son in Germany ironically doing the same thing I was doing nearly 3 decades ago! I ought this without my wife's knowledge or consent. I know, I like to live dangerously! I promised her I would clear out a couple of projects in the garage fr her to keep the plane. She did not cut me off for very long when I told her that it could turn a 15 hour drive to her parents' house into a 4 hour jaunt in the plane. There is even a grass strip within 3 miles of her parents house! I wouldn't have any problems flying back out to SD/Carlsbad. And I'm just dumb enough to try a trip to Germany too. However, it sounds as if the "nutroll" to get trough the red tape is getting longer.