View Single Post
Unread 05-27-03, 01:03 AM

stevecarey is an unknown quantity at this point
C 336 information

Dear Members,
G'Day from Australia !
According to the board, I am the newest member, thanks for allowing me in.
I am about to undertake a C336 restoration. The a/c is some 800 kms from where I live and has been abandoned. My problem is that I cannot find out what the wheel track (distance between the main wheels) is for the 336. There are no books at all with the machine and no-one at the site I can ask to go measure it up. I would guess it is possibly the same as a 337, but, the 337 is a retractable and may have a narrower track. My Cardinal has a track of 7' 10" and a 182 I recently measured was 9' 1". I have tried to work it out from a photo and guestimate that the track, between the centres, is 8' 9"............the catch to it all is that I must take a truck out to retrieve the machine and I want to be sure it is wide enough or put other options in place BEFORE I get there. Can anyone help with this info ? Also, in the front of most (all ?) Cessna Owners Manuals there is a set of front, top and side, line drawings with airplane dimensions shown, is there any chance that some-one could email me that page ? it would help with the logistics of the rescue as we will be able to make accurate diagrams for trucking purposes.
Guys, I would be really grateful for this info and would again like to thank you for allowing me to sign up with your great website.
My email address is <stevo_carey@yahoo.com>
many thanks and best regards from Australia !

Steve Carey