View Single Post
Unread 10-28-19, 12:30 PM

chrisb is on a distinguished road
An Introduction - SN:0318

Hello All,
Thanks to Herb, i joined the forum today and I thought i'd introduce myself. So... Hi? I'm Chris from the United Kingdom. I'm a big fan of the 337 Skymaster and a couple of months ago a (large number) of stars aligned and I bought one.

The last two aircraft i've purchased (A YAK52 and the 337) were both born out of a late night internet surfing extravaganza followed by a spurious 'is this still for sale?' email being sent.

To cut a long story short, there was a P337 for one of your typical aircraft for sale sites. It was cheap (too cheap) and hadn't been flown in over 10 years. It was currently sitting at a junkyard in the Netherlands. I got a copy of the logs and kicked off my usual pre-buy detective work.

It turned out (my to my surprise) that what had been advertised as a 1978 P337, was actually a genuine Jack Riley P337 Skyrocket. Jumped into the 182, flew to Middenzeeland in the Netherlands, viewed and arranged a deal. A month or so later we drove back out with all of our gear to disassemble her for transport.

Unfortunately, the certificate of airworthiness has been lost :-( However all the logbooks are present and we'll be bringing her back to airworthiness and getting her inspected for a re-issue so we can register her. A long and laborious process, but it's worth it!

Hopefully i'll keep you in the loop along the way but in the meantime:

Here's a link to a Google album with pictures so far...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5SD7VUosW3yTXMxg6

- Do any of you know of the aircraft ?

Best

Chris