View Single Post
Unread 04-06-04, 07:43 AM

Kevin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Yes Skyking it turned out to be a very good airplane for the most part. However it is not with out it's share of squawks. As it turned out the case was replaced not repaired after the 2nd crack. Both eng have the heavy cases. There is no record of a prop strike as both props are the original but as we both know that means nothing other than the AI did not think it was nessary to include that information in the logs if indeed did have one.

There were some small issues that you would expect to find on a plane that has not flown much in the last 3 years. It will need an new auto pilot and some of the gaguges need R&R along with some other small items but it appeares that all the BIG items checked good to this point. I'm sure we will find a few more as we ring her out in the coming weeks. Hope to make it to OK for the fly in.
Tell you friend I feel his pain as we looked long and hard for the plane we wanted. We flew hallf way around the world before settling on this one it seemed. It is one of the few P337 with full de-ice which is a needed feature here in Michigan. I have gained a tremendous amount of information on these birds and the ones currently for sale. If he would like I can share it with him or any one else.
I am looking forward to being part of the Skymaster crowd.
Kevin B