View Single Post
Unread 04-05-04, 10:02 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
So Kevin B,

It sounds like you must have opted for N325 from Weaver... was curious what the final outcome of the sqwauks were, like the case weld on the rear engine, etc.??

Did he give you a copy of his 'Bodacious' video?

BTW, that 3" ATI cutout that currently does not have anything in the hole to the left of the radio stack in the photo below would be an excellent place to opt for an Argus 5000 moving map, since the LORAN will drive it with no problem, and according to an article I was just reading at
http://www.avionix.com/loran.html
it appears LORAN will be around far longer than the VOR's! Your panel is almost the same equipment as ours in the center stack... assuming the Apollo Loran is the 618TCA.

Just a word of caution... I know there's no accident history on this bird, like a gear-up, but the one we bought had a belly landing and prop strike on the rear "C" model engine... the prop was repaired, new bulk head, and the engine was torn down, Magnafluxed and returned to service with new rings, etc. But what happened about 125 hours later wasn't too good: the rear engine crankcase cracked wide open! So, the previous owner bought a factory reman "CB6B" version, and that's when I bought it. Just wonder what may have caused the crack, if there are any records or notes regarding it.

Oh my, I have a buddy who was licking his chops on N325... he'll be dissappointed that it flew out of the barn! And de-ice boots already... nice.

SkyKing