View Single Post
Unread 04-13-05, 03:50 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
The glareshield in my 67 T was badly cracked when I bought the plane. A couple of visits under the panel for avionics upgrades made it crack clear through down the middle.

(I have no fancy "front piece" that's different from the rest of the material.)

What I did was buy one of those kits from the guy that advertises in TAP about plastic material repairs. The stuff worked great. It took some playing around to figure it out, but I used that stuff to reglue all the pieces and cracks of the glareshield, then sanded the glued cracks a little after it dried. Then I painted it with a flat, non-glare black (which is what it was originally). I then had a nice-looking one-piece glareshield again.

Agter that, since I was ordering a new carpet I took an old sheet and cut it to fit the top of the glareshield. Then I sent it off to the shop selling me the 337 floor carpet and they made me a piece of carpet to match the pattern and included it at no charge. It was finish-sewn around the edges and nice.

It took some doing, but it was sure nicer than spending over a grand for a new one, and I knew the glareshield fit since it was the original.