View Single Post
Unread 11-27-03, 04:18 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
organization

When you all talk about why the need for an organization it is clear some of you don't know what is involved in setting up a meeting or the responsibility. I am not just talking about the money aspect of ensuring meeting rooms and personal expenses or making it easier (which an offical organization will) to attract good speakers. Let's look at the legal thing that here in the USA is always a concern.

Last year in our Nashville meeting, I learned from some very good lawyers, the fact I organized the meeting, as remote as it is, should anyone attending the meeting come to ill fate while traveling to and from the meeting, I am open to legal action. I am not a legal mind but I am a businessman and and under those conditions, no one wins. I really enjoy this site, I contribute to it, I organizied and conducted the second meeting in Nashville and I will do so again. Everbody has a right to put there two cents in and that is great. But if all jump on each band wagon that floats by, nothing is going to get done.

No one is forcing anyone to either organize a meeting or go to one. A group of well intending folk's got together in Nashville. learned a little about their planes, met some very nice people that I am sure will result in life long friendships for some, and would like to continue along that path.

Kevin, our very good web site host WHO SPENT A LOT OF HIS TIME AND MONEY TO GIVE US THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CHAT LIKE THIS,has made it very clear about his legal concern of us calling our "MEETING GROUP" SOAP for fear of a direct connection to his web site. Thus, the MEETING GROUP name SOAPA was suggested to establish that legal separation and, it is a good idea. Remember, for every benifit we receive, someone must do something for that benifit to happen. Asking for a legal organization that gives a little protection to those who are trying to hold a meeting so many can benifit and have a good time, in my opinion, is not asking for a lot.

Again, my two cents----or, is it now four cents.

At this point it only comes down to one thing. If a meeting was to be held, how many will come. If enough commit to coming and sharing and learning, that's all that is required, no need to bash this around and around. If enough people agree to create an organization it will happen. To suggest at this point we don't need a legal organization, well folks, I believe we are past that issue. Lets move on and get things done.

Jerry

Jerry