View Single Post
Unread 09-23-18, 05:16 PM

rrolland is on a distinguished road
Dennis:

While I have not seen the list of defects that Brant Aero gave you, the number of items is not unusual. Our P337's/C 337's are at best 40 years old.

Large maintenance organizations apply a very high standard when inspecting the aircraft. When I owned my Rockwell Commander, which had had several annuals and worked well with no obvious defects, the fist large shop that took it in for an annual came up with around 8 full pages of snags. And that was for a normally aspirated, non-pressurized single...

Many of the items were small and very few could actually have been classified as serious i.e. impacting airworthiness.

They all got fixed and while the cost was substantial, I felt more confident after the whole process.

When I bought my P337, I took it to a large shop specialized in Cessna aircraft and they also came up with a long list. That is the way I wanted it. Find and fix what matters.

I have had a mainly snag free experience for the last two years, and the annual that I went through in July had a very short list of snags as expected.

I detailed some of those in a previous post. Recently, my Hobbs decided to stop working so I am getting that fixed. The panel got opened during the annual so there is a good chance that some connection got loosened while the mechanics were in there

So I feel your pain, but in the end, it is for the better....

Richard