View Single Post
Unread 08-20-18, 11:40 AM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
"if Ed's numbers on a normally aspirated are correct"....

These words, quoting your last post, is a tricky statement. Maintenance expense isn't really a matter of "correct" or not. There are so many variables that go into what maintenance will cost that accurately forecasting it's numbers is like forecasting the weather. You can study the forecast until your blue in the face but in the end what ya see is what ya get. Now that's not to say we shouldn't make a good faith effort to make sound decisions based on we think will happen or is likely to happen, but in the end, when it comes to owning a Skymaster or any other airplane for that matter, if unplanned maintenance expense is going to break the bank, then do not own an airplane. They are always more expensive then you plan for them to be.

BTW, I just reread the post you referenced regarding my maintenance expense and though I am not looking at the actual numbers for the time that has passed since I wrote that, the continuing expense of the airplane to this date has been in line with that post. My annual in February of 2018 ran around $8000.00 going on memory.

Ed