View Single Post
Unread 02-12-09, 06:54 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Steve you are so right about the timing with the panels open. Why I didn't think of it was unknown. But because you mentioned this, the timing was still good, the left wing was still open and so I did treat it. Although we only had the aux tank out (all panels were off) I was still able to spray the Boeshield with ease around the aux and main tanks. Sometimes you just don't think about these opportunities. I have started to treat the rest of the airframe as we open other panels for an annual inspection while we are doing all this work. I figure even though the annual is not due, I have all these panels open so why not do another inspection. So I'll have a year from the finish date (real soon) for the next annual. The Boeshield is really clean and does not bleed like Corrosion X.

Well just an update on progress, the left wing is back together and buttoned up. All the insulation and soundproofing is in place. The headliner is 90% done and the new BAS seatbelt restraint system is installed. All the widows are finished, only the door and E exit have to be attached to fuselage. I started stripping the door window seal today. What a mess, someone used way too much weather strip adhesive. I call it gorilla snot. When it's dry and old it takes hours to remove. Let's see what's left, motor mounts on the rear engine, spin on oil filter adaptors, strobe lights, main gear tires, front gear hydraulic hoses, oil leak on the front engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a few other exterior chores. We worked hard this week to finish anything in the cabin so that the interior upholstery could be finished this weekend. Should have 90% of the new interior in by Saturday including the Rosen visors. FINALLY!!!

I talked to the paint shop today, looks like they are ready to see the airplane in about a week or so. I still have to make a decision on the paint scheme but I am on my second draft of design and hope to make a choice here real soon. I will continue to post progress as the aircraft goes through the paint shop.

This has been a fun project and thanks to Larry and others on this message board, it has been a real education. I hope this thread helps others when they go through this process in the future.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years