Thread: Insulation
View Single Post
Unread 02-03-21, 10:51 AM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Length of roll

I just reviewed my notes - I purchased two different thickness of Super Sound Proofing; 22' roll of 1", and 22' roll of 1/2". I did not use very much of the 1/2" - only in places that the 1" would not fit; mostly in some areas of forward
lower side panels, door, etc. Almost all of the ceiling and side walls was 1". I am not sure how much I used of the 1", but I have a lot left over!!!!! I would recommend you make a precise measurement of the total area you want to cover to determine how much you need. I did do that, but I was not exact and ended up buying way more than I needed.

A word of warning - the shipping cost on this stuff was ridiculous! I do not recall the cost of it, but I remember being so shocked that I called Aircraft Spruce about the cost of the shipping to see about a reduction, but had no luck. The stuff is light, but is bulky.

Jeff

UPDATE - cost of Super Sound Proofing (per details above) $907.50. Cost of shipping $230.84.

Last edited by JAG : 02-04-21 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Updating shipping cost - found the bill