Thread: new panel
View Single Post
Unread 12-31-04, 09:20 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Useful Load

Hi Amichelin,
To answer you question, on useful weight. In 2000 when I had the plane refurbed. I had large main gear doors removed and related actuator and plumbing. All new lighter interior installed. Some old instrument replaced with newer lighter instruments. And I removed the 5th and 6th seat and seat belts, I gained a little more useful load. I had the new weight and balance done. The useful load is about 1637 lbs. I also got the weight and balance done with the 5th and 6th seat back in, just in case I put them back. In the past 4 years they have never been back in. I like the larger cargo area. I have the 155 gallon fuel tanks which I keep full for most flights. I found a field with cheap fuel prices ranging from $1.98 to $2.30 average price over the last 4 years.
It is 60 miles from my home base. That is why I keep tanks full and to keep out moisture. I know I am with-in proper weight and balance and do not have to cut down fuel unless I plan a 4 person flight. Any other questions, I would be happy to answer.
I love my 337H. Dale