View Single Post
Unread 08-08-22, 01:40 PM

Pushpull5785 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
The post above, being the new member's first, seems to have a very strong interest in having the $600 STC fee paid. Is this account the STC Holder's sockpuppet? Very suspect as a first post. No introduction, no "about me", just "PAY THE MONEY"...

Most owners don't make the decision so publicly regarding what is essentially a note from the doctor explaining why you missed school. Am I wrong to say there is no structural modification to the airplane other than not reinstalling the center strap?

Reminds me of the Peterson/EAA autogas STC stickers. $1 per hp for a sticker that makes it legal to run mogas in your airplane. No changes to the airplane whatsoever. I know a lot of folks who are "sticklers" about paying for the sticker, and many others who don't give a rats **s. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. Doubt highly anyone would care much about the center strap STC either, except the STC holder!

Sorry to jump back on this but it has thrown a wrench into my decision on which way to go now that you’ve brought up a few points…

Comparing this to the auto fuel stc, has anyone been flagged for removing the center post and not having the stc…

I would imagine if the STC holder cared about this he would be putting the feds onto any plane that does not have a center post and does not have his STC. Is this happening? If it’s not then why is there a discussion? Install what you want with your mechanics blessing and be on your way.

I guess I did not like being called a sock puppet but I still fail to see the big issue here. Does the OP want everyone to jump on board with his decision that could possibly not be legal? The only reason I felt that the cost is justifiable here is that we all know what we spend on our airplanes… and $600 is a drop in the bucket for what these planes demand and at least from my POV and that of my IA, it’s cheap insurance to remain legal. So at the end of the day, my question is, does the STC provide anything structurally or not? That should be the answer to your question on legality of minor or major correct?