View Single Post
Unread 02-13-20, 10:04 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Smile Looking for MEI. Im at KPNE (phila) with 337B

JHogan. Welcome to Skymaster ownership. I have a 1965 337 and had the conversation regarding conventional twin vs. CLT. I don't know if you have complex and or retract time but as I told the SOAPA group... I will only fly Skymasters because I'm scared to death about a dead engine in a conventional twin! So when I purchased my Skymaster I wasn't rated in it or a conventional twin! Here's my insight. ALL my retract and twin time is ONLY in a Skymaster, currently 120 hours total, it took much more training time than was required by my insurance underwriter, 20 hours dual, of that time at least 10 hours instrument training. Even though I'm NOT instrument rated. So I think since you own a C337 you might as well train in it, get confident/comfortable in it, and LEARN THE FUEL SYSTEM!! BUY a owner manual, the ACS, Illustrated flight maneuver book, and the FAA oral book-and STUDY!!. FYI, I pay $1300 for liability, and after getting my rating I pay $1200 ($30,000) Hull insurance. The ONLY reason I can think of for doing the conventional twin first is IF you plan on flying one later.
My opinion!
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 02-13-20 at 10:10 PM.