View Single Post
Unread 12-25-15, 01:23 PM

Cozyjet is on a distinguished road
337 for sale and sitting a long time

Hello everyone and a Merry Christmas to all..

A long time pilot(30yers) with regular multi over 3k hours in total and instrument rated, fly an average of over 100 hrs per year...

Have always loved the Skymaster and knew someday I would own one.. so the decision has been made and the search has commenced.

Certainly not looking for a project, but finding the balance of a skymaster with low time engines and good IFR panel at the right price has proven a challenge.

Recently, a possible opportunity has presented itself. A well equipped 67B model has presented itself but it has not been flown in about 5 years since the owner lost medical. not annualed and for that matter, the aricraft has been "de-registered" by the FAA since the registration was not renewed. I have spoken with the FSDO and so long as all AD's are current, then it is just a matter of paperwork.

So here are my questions:

Any comments of the Year and model?.. bad AD's or reasons to stay away form this model?

Aside from the standard issues with an aircraft just sitting, any skymaster specific concerns in just sitting?.. seals, power pack for the gear etc?

The upside is that the plane is in Palm Springs California and has been in a hangar the entire time.... so its gotten hot, but no humidity...

does anyone know of a skymaster specific mechanic "expert" for a lack of better words, in range of Palm Springs that this plane can be checked out by?

bad part, is th plane is sitting a private airport so there is no FBO on the field, and its current condition is certainly not flying anywhere to get checked out... Thermal or Palm Springs ar probably the closest major airports.. Las Vegas a bit further but no too bad..

Any help and direction is most certainly appreciated and thank you all in advance.

Frank.