View Single Post
Unread 11-24-18, 09:20 PM

CRDedrickson is on a distinguished road
GAMI Injectors FIRST

I’ve recently read Engines, by Mike Busch, who speaks a lot about LOP operations in his book. I need to read it again to absorb more.

He is very high on the instruments to be able to monitor, and especially diagnose our engines.

But, from what I picked up, GAMI injectors, to ensure that cylinder fuel deliveries are pretty close, is probably a necessity or prerequisite to use LOP techniques. Otherwise, as you lean out the engine, the lower fuel flow cylinders will start coughing before the higher flow cylinders can get lean. He states the Continentals from the factory have pretty unbalanced flows. About 0.5 gpm difference in cylinder flow rates would cause an imbalance enough to preclude LOP because of engine roughness in the ‘starved’ cylinder(s).

I’m new to my T337G, a P model, and have just downloaded my JPI EDM 760 data for the first time while the machine is in annual/paint. It was obvious that my Rear Engine CHT #1 was bad by looking at the data. I was pleased to see no CHT’s near 400F, except from the bad probe which even went negative at times!

I downloaded Engines based on a recommendation from this forum. It was great advice and I encourage the same by anyone not already an engine ‘expert’.

Russ
N8CV