View Single Post
Unread 11-21-18, 05:22 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Tripp,
Do you have enough room in the panel for the dual EDM 830's? I found with my panel the G4 was the best option given the panel space...On the co-pilot side, I do not have much room with the clock, vacuum, original engine cluster and a storm scope. Also, I wanted to have the gauge closer to me to be able to see the accuracy. I removed my ADF indicator, and putting the G4 on the pilot's side. I have a '66.

I am not familiar with the EDM 830's - they sure look nice but I find the additional large view of RPM and MAP redundant given the large original gauges in the aircraft. It really depends on what you are looking for in an engine gauge. I chose the G4 due its smaller size, capability and easy to use LOP function. I wanted something to accurately give me CHT, EGT and Fuel Flow data in order to run the engines safely and efficiently. Those 3 are the most important for that, while RPM and MP are required, they are less critical when it comes to monitoring what is happening during the combustion process.

Jeff