View Single Post
Unread 02-09-11, 08:49 PM

Walter Atkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Skymaster View Post
Thanks Walter,

Thanks for being honest about your involvement with the Ultra system. You may be the perfect person to ask this question. I plan to install an Ultra or JPI system. I am also looking at FADEC when TCM brings it to market, but I might look at a diesel conversion/FADEC power plant. If I did go from a 6 cylinder IO-360 to a 4 cylinder TD300, would changing the Ultra configuration be as simple as installing a new wiring harness to the firewall box and a display software upgrade? Are there plans to have the Ultra system and FADEC systems talk to each other since there are a lot of duplicate sensors? You might not have an answer to these questions, but I figured I'd give it a try. Thanks,

Karl
Karl:

I am not at all impressed with TCM's FADEC as it currently exists. There are some show-stoppper problems with it and it has been a dismal failure in the market place so far. I only know of one private owner who put the TCM FADEC system in their aircraft. They had it removed after about a year. That's a big statement.

If I understand the Ultra system as it stands, changing the configuration from an installed six cylinder to a four cylinder application is very simple. I would check with them directly for a specific answer.

I know that when I was involved with it, there were a lot of things built in for future use. Many things. Many, really cool things. I would suspect that having it talk with a FADEC system (when there is a FADEC system that really works) is not that big of a deal.