View Single Post
Unread 02-07-11, 02:11 AM

CO_Skymaster is on a distinguished road
I will revive this thread with a question. The last entry was in 2005. I am considering in the future of replacing my instrument clusters with either a JPI 830 or an Ultra Twin engine system. From what I can tell the JPI fits into a 3.5 inch hole and there would be one for each engine. It is capable of replacing every engine instrument on my panel. It said it uses a JPI harness which I'm assuming is every engine sensor bundle through the firewall to the instrument itself. The Ultra is like the Garmin 1000 system, square in shape and requiring a cut in the instrument panel. However, I like the fact that a single data wire goes through the firewall to a box on the firewall. The box is connected to a harness that reads all the engine sensors. I'm leaning toward the Ultra. I'm getting tire of chasing one instrument after another trying to fix or calibrate them. It may be time to look at replacing the system instead of each component. I wanted to know if anyone has these systems and if they have had any problem. I would like your opinion on which one you like. (No LOP questions).

Karl