View Single Post
Unread 01-20-06, 12:00 PM

basloane is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mr. Enoka

Reading this thread, you indicated that you are working with lift and moment coefficients, and peformance numbers. This caught my eye.

I have been doing some work with book performance numbers and some data I recorded at FL190 this past summer using Energy Conservation and Stokes law equations. My analysis was sparked by my plans to do an Atlantic crossing this year and I need to know the implications to performance in the event of engine failure during an an above gross weight departure.

I am also considering the addition of Flint Tip Tanks. Reading their manual supplement, I notice some interesting fueling requirements related to the operating weight of the aircraft. ( ie: you must carry at least 12 gallons in each tank when operating in the air between 4300 lbs and 4700 lbs. )

Would you be interested in an exchange of our works. I have modeled this on an Excell spreadsheet and would be willing to share it with you. Not increadibly elaborate, but I believe I am not too far off the right track.

Best Regards,.,.....Barry Sloane, N187