View Single Post
Unread 12-29-15, 09:12 AM

billsheila is an unknown quantity at this point
How about one sitting for only a short time?

Hi Cozyjet;
I am a SOAPA member with a 337 that has been "sitting" but only a short time (almost 2 years now). It was properly pickled, in a hangar and has electric engine "dehydrators" installed since it has been stored. Engines are both factory reman low time, avionics are up to date (430W, Avidyne, traffic, weather, AP etc). The aircraft has been exceptionally well maintained by mechanics familiar with these machines and is located and stored at a field where they have their shop (in MA). Early life the aircraft was in southern Texas, then came north. It has approx 2700hrs total time on airframe. I stored it because I moved to Canada (importation "challenging"). My intention is to pull it out of storage and use it down the road hence why I put so much effort along with my mechanics to ensure it was properly stored. However I miss flying so I am thinking about a possible sale and then picking up another machine in Canada. Let me know if you have any interest. If you personal message Herb or some others in SOAPA they have at least seen the airplane and can give you some impressions...(I used to be fairly active in SOAPA when I was living in the US and actively flying). I would have to dig around to find some photos or arrange to have some taken if you are at all interested.

Thanks
Bill Taylor