Thread: Fuel leak
View Single Post
Unread 02-08-05, 11:10 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
fuel leak

Hi Fred, This is Jerry De Santis. I have a 1975 P337G and I am based on Battle Creek, Mi (BTL). I came from New Jersey also in 1977.

last summer I had to remove the inboard tank on the left side of the plane due to leaks. Turned out to be a crack in the bottom of the tank. Hope you don't have to get involve doing that it is a real tight fit removing the tank and getting it back in. Problems are the interconnecting hoses from the middle tank being very short. However, what you describe does not sound like it.

On Marshall airport there is a real good mechanic that knows Skymasters in and out. His name is Eric Metzger and his phone number is 269-598-8497. At the present time there are two Skymasters there, Larry's which is getting a new engine and mine which is getting a new Turbocharger. Should get my plane back this week.

At the end of each wing on the trailing edge there is a vent for the fuel tanks. Check them out to see if they are clogged. If they are, there is no room for the gas to expand if the tanks are full. My hanger is also heated with a tube type gas heater that sits above the wing. Never found that to be a problem.

Call Eric, he can debug it quickly and you will still have money in you pocket.

BTW, I go to the flyin at your airport.

Jerry
N34EC