View Single Post
Unread 05-01-22, 11:20 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I can confirm that the screw buster is killer! By my 3rd screw I had broken off a tip trying to do it by hand. By my 6th screw starting to round out a head leading to a drill out. So I stopped before trying too hard. Cleaned it with a dental pick and the screw buster took it right out.

Anything where the tip doesn't fit good, be sure to use a dental pick to clean the screw. Any question at all stop and don't round out the slots. Go straight to the screw buster. That will likely be a fair number of them.

I set the pressure at 65 psi and used a central pneumatic rivet gun with progressive trigger. Light touch on the trigger did it. Had good control, minimal vibration without beating anything up.

I gave them all a shot of PB Blaster in advance hoping that any amount possible got in and the more that got in could definitely tell the better. I just cracked them to start and went around again with PB Blaster after they were opened up.
Had all the screws done in hours instead of days.

Friend suggested new screws go in with fuel lubricant on the threads; easier to come out in the future, some corrosion protection and the lubricant is resistant to any spilled fuel during fill up.

Last edited by wslade2 : 05-01-22 at 11:30 AM.