View Single Post
Unread 11-29-06, 02:02 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
If you want to open the windows, you need to get a Pre-73 Skymaster. The reason I say this, is that you would need an 0-2 type door/window. For the normal Skymaster, you need to be going pretty slow to open the window. With the 0-2 door, the window actually cranks out horizontally, and can be flown with it open at slightly higher speeds. Get one of those, and you can lean out the window and take all the pictures you want. I have seen this on Paul and Mary's Skymaster, and it is really cool. I also saw them at Don Neiser's place. You can get a new door, with the crank out window, and fit it to your pre-73 skymaster.

Insurance is lump sum, all up front, and will be expensive first year. How expensive, I don't know, but ask Scott Smith www.skysmith.com . I would expect somewhere around 4K per year.

If it didn't come from the factory with a cargo pod, you can buy them from Owen Bell, drill the holes, and install it. Paul did that and can share some information on it.

Come to the Bahamas fly-in in May. You will get to see some folks, get more information, and you can get your wife to ride in one.