View Single Post
Unread 10-25-09, 07:22 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
During my re-furbish last winter, I had visited GLAP in Flint, MI to pick up my new windows for the complete cabin. They were a lot of help and great prices too. Below is a link to the thread that describes my process of taking the old windshield to them to size up the new one and simplify the process. I too highly recommend them.

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...?t=2309&page=4

Windshield install horror

We started to install the windshield last night. Within about 2 hours we had it trimmed and ready to mount. Amazing, I was really fearing this process but it went slick. I owe a big thanks to the guys at Great Lakes Aero for fitting this new windshield while I was there at their factory. I was able to take my old windshield to them when I picked up my new units. They took my old windshield and fitted the new unit to my old one. I can only think that this may have helped in the fitting process last night. If fact the first time we tried to fit the w/s last night we actually pushed it right into place with minimal effort. We had to trim a little on the starboard lower side and that was about it.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years