View Single Post
Unread 01-20-09, 09:30 AM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mean to be contentious giiven your extensive experience, personal observations, and expertiese, I am only concerned that because this is an "infomrmation sharing website" that we should all be cautious about what we profess to "know for sure" when it may affect other pilots safety.

I would think that because we don't "know" what happneded to your engines, that we should keep an open mind about other possibilities such as vapor lock and/or fuel stavation, gelling, fuel pumped outboard through the vents, frozen/cracked cork fuel tank seals, etc...

I didn't notice if you ever mentioned cross feeding the tanks, before or after the engine failure. For example when the rear failed, did it make the same loud noise, and/or did it just go out for an entirely different reason, and because the front failed from perhaps an oil problem, did you assume the rear had the same problem, and there was no reason or time to try a cross feed and restart?

Not picking on you : It must have been a nightmare. Just want to make sure nonone else encounters a like scenerio and has the wrong assumptions.