View Single Post
Unread 07-12-21, 12:24 AM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with all that is said about the 337 and how easy it is, that why I bought one. Not sure I agree with the MU2 stuff. It is different and has to flown differently, but once you understand those differences and how to fly the plane the way it is supposed to be flown, you will be fine. What works in a 421 won't work in an MU2, but fly it the way you will be trained to fly it and it does exactly what the book says it will do. Training is mandatory and has to be done annually, but this requirement has taken the MU2 from a dangerous plane to a much safer one. The wing with no flaps is very different than with flaps 20 and the airspeeds change accordingly. This is a must learn lesson but when you fly the POH profiles, the plane does fine. You have to commit to learning something different but you don't have to be an extraordinary pilot to fly the MU2, but you do have to be a student of the type and appreciate its differences. You have to learn to use trim, but when in trim it isn't particularly hard to fly, once learned. Think jet like and you get the idea. It is head and shoulders more capable than any pressurized piston twin and much more reliable. It has much better engineered systems too. Downsides, insurance could be a challenge. Needs more runway than a P337 too. But at 260KTAS on 58gph in the 20s, the F model MU2 is the least expensive twin turboprop you can operate. I liked my P337, but the MU2 is in a whole different league capability wise. I am glad I went this route. It has been a challenge, but the rewards are well worth it to me.