View Single Post
Unread 01-28-05, 02:06 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Seat track......

I don't know how many of you ever had a seat track ratchet back... I did on a Douglass DC 9 several years ago. And I remember it well, it still gives me shivers. I remember saying "YOU GOT IT". And I went back to the end of the seat rail... If it were not for an able and READY copilot I may not be writing this message. As you know there is NOTHING to hold on to but the control wheel and the throttles. If the seat starts to go back and no one else is there who knows how to take over... and if it's trimed a bit more nose up than it should have been... it's all over... I can also remember many years ago when the seat tracks started to fail and I was instructing in the Cessna single engine line we told the students to check the seat for security AND place there first two fingers over the friction control on the throttle in the event the seat failed. We don't have that on the 337's and there fore it's of GREAT importance to make sure the seat is LOCKED. AND lets give this guy the benifit of the doubt.. guy....