Thread: Honesty
View Single Post
Unread 05-08-05, 09:51 AM
Keven

Lien

If you can trace him down or the tail number through the FAA, you can place a lien on the plane -- you'll be the first to get paid if he ever sells the plane. I believe the FAA has forms on their website. You should get that filed immediately to protect yourself.

If someone does know him and confronts him, I'm sure he'll have an excuse, like changed e-mail, hasn't checked e-mail, etc. I've heard thousands of lame excuses in my line of work.

If you shipped it directly to a prop shop, they would be a good place to start to hunt him down and to see if there were any problems with the prop, if he ever picked it up, or if there's another story.

If you don't have his phone number or address, there may be a means of finding him through his e-mail address, but typically that is a slow, painful process. If you kept a copy of the first check he sent you (if it was a personal check), you should have enough info to start legal action or at least hunt him down.

Skymaster owner or not, dishonest or incompetent business folks have no place in aviation circles, particularly circles as small as ours.

But of course, if you sue him, you'll be a sue happy litigant clogging up the courts with frivolous lawsuits.

FWIW

Keven
________
Extreme Vaporizer Review

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:12 PM.