Thread: battery
View Single Post
Unread 07-12-15, 06:51 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
I know the Concorde costs a little more but I think the program is worth it. It's a sealed battery and that eliminates the maintenance and any potential acid spill that will happen. I have seen a lot of battery box locations and they are normally a mess. No worries with the Concorde RG24-11.

The cold crank amps on the Gill is 106 and it's 160 on the Concorde. The rated capacity is 8 hours and 11 hours respectively. The Concorde is also half a pound lighter. I went back and checked my log book and I have averaged about 5 years on the Concorde without a battery minder. I still may change my replacement schedule based on the fact that I used to change the battery when it died and I am thinking that is not the best PM. As I said above in the other post, how long is the battery going to last when you are IMC at night and the system goes down? I will probably change it every four years minimum now that I have the battery minder to condition the battery. The battery minder de-sulfates the battery. Keeps the plates in top condition.

It's a no brainer in my mind, Concorde RG24-11

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years