View Single Post
Unread 02-05-21, 07:51 PM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
Aspen Choice

I went the Aspen Evolution route. The PFD and the MFD are both 1000's. I did get the synthetic vision. New software provided the backup battery necessary to remove the vacuum pumps, which I did. A few months ago I added a RCA 2600 to the panel so now I have three attitude indicators. The cost installed was less than $15,000, including the RCA 2600. It took two weeks down time and I am still waiting for the paperwork so I haven't flown it. On time and on price. I have a Nav O Matic 300 (oh boy!) autopilot, so no auto pilot at all. My GPS Navigator is a Garmin 530 WAAS. I still have to find a traffic and weather solution or ADS B in, as my out is with a Stratus which is not compatible with the Aspen. Right now I use an iPad running FlyQ and a DUAL XGPS 190 for ADS B in. Next is an autopilot solution and fuel management. Any suggestions for an autopilot? Also I just want to count the fuel used. Nothing fancy just want to know what's in the tank. Suggestions? Photo is by the installer and the film is still on the screen
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WebPanel.jpeg (38.2 KB, 756 views)