View Single Post
Unread 02-04-21, 10:20 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslade2 View Post
I have a Uavionics AV-30 and a couple years ago asked them to include Skymaster on their AML list when they went for their certification. I got an email from them advising skymaster was approved before I took delivery of my certified AV-30 and have spoken with them throughout certification process.
However, in terms of driving legacy autopilots discussed on this thread, it is of no help.
Show that email to the FAA ramp inspector and see how far it gets you. Or to the NTSB investigator after an accident/incident. You have an "Unapproved installation" which grounds your aircraft immediately, and threatens your pilot's license as well. I was castigated on this site for using non-PMA LED landing lights, but they were endorsed by the Bonanza Society, so I knew they were good lights. I understand the rules don't always make sense. But the risks are very different here. You best have a canopy cover whenever you park at a public airport. Prying eyes will cause you grief. The AV-30 is well-known in the aviation world, and most serious inspectors know its only approved for single engine aircraft. I don't agree with the logic, but I don't agree with the hassle it could cause either.

Last edited by mshac : 02-04-21 at 10:31 PM.