View Single Post
Unread 03-01-05, 03:03 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Dim bulbs ... or bright bulbs?

Kyle,

This matter with the addition of the big expensive monitoring system seems to be an exercise in futility. We fly a '77 P337 with AA intercoolers and the only instrumentation we have in addition to the stock items the plane came with is the EGT, which provides a good indication of what's happening with TIT, and a Hoskins 2000A fuel flow instrument. Above all, it seems to me that knowing the amount of fuel flow and quantity used on a trip between fill-ups is FAR more useful info than the 'gidgets' to measure the amount of heat on the end of a Mosquito's leg!! My God man, look at how much fuel $6,000 will purchase! Besides, looking at gadgets with small little dials is taxing... when you're out there for a fun flight. And even more importantly, better to have your eyes looking out the windscreen. Far too much time, energy and resources is spent on unnecessary gadgetry, in my estimation. Look at it this way, if Cessna in its infinite wisdom thought you needed all that junk to fly the plane -- they would have installed it!!!

My Dollar's worth.

SkyKing