View Single Post
Unread 03-01-05, 02:28 AM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
The more I read about the benefits of these engine monitors, the more I would like to have one. I have tried to stop reading about it, but so far, that hasn't worked.

Looking at the available options, it appears that the EDM-760 is the most powerful and flexible, if you don't already have fuel flow, etc. and want these things. Of course, it is also the most expensive <sigh>.

On the other hand, like Kevin M., I find it dissapointing that JPI hasn't updated the unit to the 800 series so that it will do MP, RPM, and % horsepower.

I suppose Keven has the best of both worlds by using dual 800's. Unfortunately, I don't have the panel space for that.

At first glance, it appears that I am looking at $6,000+ for a JPI with fuel flow. I am curious to know if those of you that have these things feel like the expense was worth it?

Would you consider running LOP without an engine monitor (but with GAMI's) or is this out of the question?

What has been your payback period for all of this technology in fuel savings (assuming you are running LOP)?

PS: Kevin. Do you still have that 760 you took out? I'm in the market, I guess.