View Single Post
Unread 02-10-05, 05:45 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
I have a 1977 FT337GP with 400A and Flt Director. It may be similar or quite different from your's. The two manuals I have found to be the best for my configuration are:

1) Cessna D4523-13 which is Integrated Flight Control System Service and Parts Manual available from Essco (?) the old manual folks. I don't have the bill close by, but I ordered on the web and got it two or three days later.

It covers what appears to be all the variations of installation and components associated with 400A's with the central component being the AF530 Autopilot and variants. The manual is dated Oct 1973 so covers from that point on.

It has good sections on Adjustment, Operations, including pre-flight checks, Principals of Operation, Maintenance, Parts Lists and Trouble Shooting

2) My Avionic shop also has a copy of D4580-2-13 Avionic Service and Parts Manual 1977 thru 1978 for various planes including the 337's. It is more specific to my range of serial number, but is more oriented to wiring diagrams and installation.

Both were used extensively when we updated the radio stack with Garmin and trouble shooting the system afterwards.

Regards - Dave