View Single Post
Unread 02-10-21, 04:00 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I thought I would give some follow up on the UAvionics AV-30C certified indicator discussed earlier on this thread, as I did get clarification from them beginning of this week. I got the following emails:

"Hello Whitney,

Your aircraft was initially added to the AML but the FAA has removed it because of the twin engines. We are trying to get them to put it back on and it looks like they are going to do it but it may be a month at their pace.
The newest firmware supports the dual vSpeeds as well.
We have had a lot of customers doing field approvals with no issues.
Sorry for the confusion.

thanks,
[I redacted name]
uAvionix Support"

I personally had one installed in the time window when Skymaster approval was first given and noticed one on a member's panel photo, so got additional follow-up regarding one already installed (as I bet an update would be required):

"Whitney,

When we have the update there will be 3 ways to do the update. One will be with a serial cable to a computer. We will also be using something called an AVLink that will wifi the software update to the AV-30. Or if you don't want to do any of those things we will have you send in the unit.

Thank you,
[I redacted name]
uAvionix Technical Support"

Stay tuned. May be additional option to consider.
As I previously stated I have kept my OEM indicator too, as it drives autopilot.
PS-don't shoot the messenger

Last edited by wslade2 : 02-10-21 at 04:04 AM.