View Single Post
Unread 04-03-23, 09:53 AM

CenterlineT is on a distinguished road
I changed the windshield, windows and just about everything I thought needed changing. I cannot give an exact labor hours since this was/became a "might as well" project. First I buffed the windshield but I ended up with a "bifocal" windshield. It was great on the ground but landing was not fun. So, I decided to change the WS and while I had the opening I said to myself now it's much easier to upgrade the panel, bringing it from the dark ages to some glass. Then I said to myself, well, I should change the side windows and while I have the headliner down I should change the vent tubes and anything I could change.
I don't know how long it took to do any of it separately but this was during the COVID, 2021.
Couple of notes here: I went with the green tint all around and thicker windshield (1/4") which I had to open up the lower tabs to fit it. The original/previous one was thinner.
I had to trim the windshield and dry fit it 3 times until I was happy with it.
I did not remove the center strap but I have heard that some do not reinstall the strap for better vision and aesthetics.