View Single Post
Unread 11-19-22, 01:55 PM

Multimotor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeClipper View Post
Thanks all for the replies. Interesting thing, when I called Quality Aircraft Accessories they were completely out of stock on anything. They told me to give Aircraft Accessories of Oklahoma a ring which I did. They said they could put together either a Woodward or a Mccauley. I thought this was interesting because all of the indications from all the shop talkers in my world were that Woodwards are no good and you can't rebuild them anyway because there are no more parts. Well this guy says he thinks they're a better governor and he doesn't know understand why people think they can't be rebuilt.

Well in any case, does anybody have any experience with aircraft accessories of oklahoma?
Don't use overhauled parts? That's just crazy. What about engines? If everyone had to buy new engines and appliances, general aviation would collapse.

I've heard over the decades that Woodward governors are better, and that's from governor overhaul people. To what degree they are better was not stated, however, so I wouldn't spend a bunch of money to switch from McCauley to Woodward. On the the other hand, if I had a Woodward that needed to be overhauled, I wouldn't switch as long as parts were available for it.

I've had very good luck with Aircraft Accessories, so I don't hesitate to recommend them.